Friday, February 15, 2008

Its Friday And What To Do

I'm thinking of going tomorrow but..... The weather here will be good but strong south winds, 20-25 range here in Mercedes. Where I'm going, just north of San Antonio, will have 70% chance of rain. I can stop at the rest area south of San Antonio and wait out the rain and spend the night, a guarded rest area. Or if the rain is a hit and miss make it into the rv park in Schertz. Its about 263 miles or 5 hours drive. I want to do a weekend trip to see my daughter and grandkids. Then leave on Monday morning for the 268 miles to the COE at Benbrook Lake.

OR put the trip off a week and try again that weekend. I have till the 1st of March till I must leave. I'm paid till then. The passing fronts cause us to have strong winds here. Yesterday the winds were 25-30 with 40 gusts from the south. All due to the low sitting in West Texas. That is still better than the cold coming to the DFW area. I could get in more golf here by staying but I have to pay. My membership was up on the 12th. It costs $18 for 9 and $22 for 18. A little cheaper than home courses. I'm back to 2x a week golf now vs the 4-6 days I was.

I guess we will all know when I make my next post. That will be tomorrow at the wifi thats available at the rest stop or at daughters, Schertz, or from here in Mercedes. Stay tuned and lets see what the weather forecast is tomorrow and make a final decision.

Mileage I got from the map is:
90 to Rivera
46 to Robstown, Wal-Mart stop if necessary
57 to the rest stop on I37
88 to Schertz

Each of these is a stop if its raining.

RV odometer reading: 82028. 545 miles form the rv park in Weatherford to the rv park in Mercedes with a gas stop. 531 to the COE park at Benbrook Lake.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Isolated thunderstorms this morning, then windy during the afternoon hours with strong thunderstorms becoming likely. Storms could contain tornadoes. High 68F. Winds ESE at 10 to 15 mph, becoming WNW and increasing to 20 to 30 mph. Chance of rain 100%.

Sounds like you should postpone a week!

Richard Pillers n Shirley Talley said...

to late, I'm gone and there now.